A hearty and rich vegan meal is always comforting to have as its guilt free and filling. A recipe for vegan laksa shared with us by kindred spirit Weizel Gulfan, a macrobiotic plant based chef has our mouths watering with her vegan laksa. Add in as many local veggies as you like to fill you up!
- 8 small dried chillis
- 5 shallots ( small red onions) chopped
- 1 inch finely chopped ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 large lemon grass stalks, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 5 sheets nori
- 2 tsp vegan fish sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cups vegetable or mushroom stock
- 1 cup gata or coconut milk from can
- 1/2 cup green beans trimmed
- 1/2 cup whole Shitake mushrooms, soaked ( use water as stock)
- 1 pack vermicelli noodles
- 1 bunch native peachy
- 1 cup toge
- 1/4 cup cubed fried tokwa
- calamansi wedges
Simmer 2 cups water, add the Laksa paste. Add 3 cups of the mushroom stock.
- Cook the Vermicelli noodles in it, when soft, remove and set aside to prevent it from going soggy.
Boil in vegetables on the same broth; Shitake, Carrots, Bell pepper. Pour in coconut milk, add peachy and toge last.
- Add Vermicelli noodles again and garnish.